Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My first::::Happy First Birthday Cake

This is a princess cake I made for a first birthday. The bottom tier is strawberry cake and the top tier is white cake with butter cream frosting in between the layer's. I used Gum Paste to make the bow, my first one I was pretty happy with. The stripes and diamonds were a mixer of rolled buttercream and marshmallow fondant....along with the balls and flower's on the board, I covered the cake board with marshmallow fondant and colored it to match the cake. The pearls were made from MMF and dried for 2 days and rolled in pearl dust. I also put pearl dust on the mmf on the cake board, and bow. I was suposed to put a crown but the lady I was doing this for said, " she was just going to put it on at the party". It took me 6 hrs to do this....I really think it turned out pretty.

1 comment: